Columns/Commentaries for Finance Manager
- Mar 2022: Nuclear winter
- Jan 2022: Climate change has always happened. Why is it so alarming now?
- Oct 2021: Climate of the future or how seriously should we take the warnings?
- Apr 2022: Interview for Podobe Znanja (Radio Program ARS) on climate predictability and change.
- Apr 2022: Featured at VTIS’ “Big steps”.
- Apr 2022: Discussion on Radio Študent - Suspenzor on sports and climate change.
- Mar 2022: Online panel discussion on climate crisis at the University of Ljubljana, aktv.si. (together with L. Kajfež-Bogataj, G. Majdič, I. O. Ožbolt; led by N. Briški).
- Aug 2021: Interview for Svet24 on recent IPCC report (together with A. Slameršak).
- Aug 2021: Interview for Zarja/Jana on recent heat, fires, floods across the globe.
- Apr 2021: Interview for Svet24 on weather extremes now and in the future (together with A. Sušnik and N. Črnivec).
- Jun 2020: A comment on how could coronavirus shape our future and action against climate change - Finance Manager. Summary. Other renown Slovenian experts provided comments for after-coronavirus world in their respective fields as well.
- Jan 2020: Interview for the magazine “Zarja/Jana” about fires in Australia (together with A. Slameršak and A. Gaberščik).
- Nov 2019: Interview for Radio Študent (together with Ž. Zaplotnik, N. Črnivec, and A. Slameršak) about the open letter to the government (climate change).
- Nov 2019: Interview for the magazine “Zarja/Jana” about the open letter to the government (climate change).
Popular scientific talks
- Jul 2020: [SLO] ‘Climate variability vs climate change’ (invited popular scientific talk), Society of Slovenians educated abroad (Zoom Webinar). slides, event summary, event video.
- Feb 2020: [SLO] ‘Variability of the climate system’ (invited popular scientific talk), House of Experiments (Ljubljana, Slovenia). slides
Publications Relevant for the Slovenian Government
[SLO] Slameršak, A., Ž. Zaplotnik, L. Boljka, N. Črnivec, 2020: Suggestions for a political programme for a “green” transition (towards sustainability) and a minimisation of climate change impacts. 4 pp.
- [SLO] Media coverage: Delo - Sobotna Priloga.
[SLO] Boljka, L., Ž. Zaplotnik, A. Slameršak, N. Črnivec, 2020: Comments and suggestions on the draft of the Slovenian long-term climate change strategy. A letter to the Slovenian Ministry for the Environment, 2 pp.
[SLO] Gams, M., N. Črnivec, L. Globevnik, S. Pejovnik, Ž. Zaplotnik, A. Zidanšek (eds.), 2020: White paper on environment protection. Inštitut Jožef Stefan, Ljubljana, 160 pp. [Authors: L. Boljka, M. Z. Božnar, M. Brnič Jager, B. Brudar, A. Čas, N. Črnivec, M. Debeljak, M. Gams, P. Glavič, L. Globevnik, B. Grašič, F. Gubina, A. Hace, T. Horvat, M. Jeran, L. Kozlovič, A. Krainer, K. Lipič, F. Lobnik, J. Malačič, T. Ogrin, B. Orel, S. Pejovnik, D. Popović, R. Seljak, A. Slameršak, G. Stanič, L. Štrubelj, A. Šubic, J. Tasič, B. Tomažič, A. Vovk Korže, Ž. Zaplotnik, A. Zidanšek, I. Zorko, D. Zupančič, T. Žagar.]
[SLO] Zaplotnik, Ž., L. Boljka, N. Črnivec, and A. Slameršak, 2019: A request by the Slovenian researchers to take immediate action on improving the climate change mitigation and adaptation policy. An open letter to the Slovenian government, 13 pp. [signed by over 100 Slovenian scientists; includes English summary].
- [SLO] Answer from the government.
- [SLO] Media coverage: RTVSLO, 24ur, STAznanost, Dnevnik, Mladina, Večer, Finance, Times.si, Meteorolog.si, Delo in Sobotna Priloga, Slovenske Novice, Politikis, Zeleni Genij, Metropolitan, Hudo, Zarja/Jana @Lina, Zarja/Jana @Žiga, Kvarkadabra, Radio Študent, Radio Rai Furlanija Julijska Krajina @Aljoša.