- Autumn 2018 - present: Postdoctoral Fellow
- Colorado State University
- Duties included: Analysing reanalysis, S2S model output, and idealised model output for better understanding of extratropical dynamics (storm tracks, stratosphere-troposphere interaction).
- Visiting scientist at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München.
- Supervisors: Prof. David W.J. Thompson, Prof. Thomas Birner (LMU)
- Autumn 2013- Summer 2014: Climatologist
- Slovenian Environment Agency
- Duties included: Analysing regional climate model data (CORDEX,ENSEMBLES) for regional climate change studies of Slovenia and Southeast Europe.
- Ph.D. in Atmosphere, Ocean and Climate, University of Reading, 2018
- Thesis title: “Baroclinic and Barotropic Aspect of Wave-Mean Flow Interaction”
- Supervisors: Prof. Ted Shepherd, Dr. Mike Blackburn, Prof. Brian Hoskins
- M.Sc. in Atmosphere, Ocean and Climate, University of Reading, 2013
- Dissertation title: “Identifying Slow Modes of Variability Using Wave Activity Theory”
- Supervisors: Prof. John Methven, Dr. Tom Frame
- B.Sc. in Meteorology with Geophysics, University of Ljubljana, 2012
- Analysing large datasets in various programming languages (Python, Matlab, R, C, NCL etc.)
- Running idealised atmospheric models (dry-dynamical core and aquaplanet setups)
- Analysing regional climate model output.
- Analysing subseasonal-to-seasonal (SubX) models
- Sep 2016: Received a bursary by the University of Cambridge (Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics) to attend the ‘Fluid Dynamics of Sustainability and the Environment’ Summer School (Cambridge, UK).
- Nov 2015: Received ‘Preparing to Teach’ certificate (University of Reading).
- Oct 2014 - Sep 2018: Awarded studentship for PhD degree by The University of Reading PhD Studentship (ERC grant).
- Oct 2013: Awarded Sutcliffe Prize for Overall Achievement at MSc level (University of Reading).
- Jun 2013: Received Met Office Forecasting Diploma (University of Reading).
- Oct 2012 - Oct 2013: Awarded studentship for MSc degree by The Slovenian Scholarship Fund Ad Futura.
- Oct 2009 - Jul 2012: Awarded Dean’s Award three consecutive years for outstanding academic achievement (University of Ljubljana).
- Sep 2006 - Jul 2012: Awarded studentship for secondary school and undergraduate degree by The Municipality of Ljubljana Fund for talented students.
I collaborate with experts in different fields (incl. Matthew Johnson, David Bickford, Thomas Sparks, Benjamin Moss, Linnea Luupala, Vanessa Burns) in order to address environmental, ethical, legal etc. implications of climate change.
I also collaborate with my colleagues from Slovenia (Žiga Zaplotnik, Nina Črnivec, Aljoša Slameršak) mostly on informing the Slovenian general public and politicians of the climate change impacts and how to address them; some links related to Slovenian meterology can be found here.
See Publications tab.
See Presentations tab.
See Teaching tab.